Normal Skin Care Using Essential Oils
You can use a variety of essential oils for normal skin care.
Four especially beneficial ones that help maintain skin balance are geranium, lavender, rose, and neroli.
Other good choices include frankincense, German chamomile, and jasmine.
What is normal skin?
Normal skin has a smooth, soft, fine texture. There's no obvious large pores, blemishes, blackheads, flaking, oiliness, or broken veins. Protect this skin with light, gentle moisturizers, cleansers, and toners.
Here are some DIY aromatherapy products to get you started.
Suggestions for dry skin and oily skin care.
Try this facial cleanser:
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cosmetic clay
- 1 tablespoon powdered oats
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- Blend ingredients in a small glass bowl.
- Massage mixture evenly and gently onto your face and neck.
- Rinse well.
- Use a toner and then a moisturizer.
Source: Making Aromatherapy Creams and Lotions
Normal Skin Care Aromatherapy Toner
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 1 drop clary sage essential oil
- 1 drop Roman or German chamomile essential oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
Add all ingredients to a glass or PET plastic spray bottle and shake.
To use: Shake vigorously before each use. Mist skin, avoiding your eyes.
Normal Skin Moisturizer
Normal skin usually only needs a light moisturizer. If you have a favorite unscented moisturizer, add a few drops of essential oil to the bottle. Or you can use olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, or most other carrier oils with a few drops of added essential oil.
Here's a restorative moisturizing blend:
- 1/4 cup organic unscented lotion
- 10 drops carrot seed essential oil
- 5 drops neroli essential oil
Blend ingredients in a small glass jar and use as needed.
Here are two facial masks for normal skin.
Reviving Face Mask
- 1 tablespoon iced water
- 2 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 2 drops petitgrain essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- Crushed almonds
- Mix water and essential oils with enough crushed almonds to make a paste.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Let dry, and then rinse off.
- 2 tablespoons mashed papaya
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 drop carrot seed essential oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered peppermint leaf or lavender flowers
- Mix the ingredients, using enough peppermint leaf or lavender flowers to make a firm paste
- Apply to your face.
- Leave on 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse off.
Source: Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art
Buy Essential Oils
I recommend Young Living essential oils.
Photo Credit: Volff/123RF Stock Photo