How To Use Essential Oils for Couperose Skin
Couperose is a redness of the face caused by dilated, and sometimes broken, capillaries near the surface of the skin. Couperose looks similar to rosacea but doesn't include the acne-like bumps and pustules you usually get with rosacea.
Essential oils for couperose may help you control the redness and nourish sensitive skin. Suggested oils include:
- Roman or German chamomile
Couperose Beauty Blends
Gently apply either of the following beauty blends for couperose to your face two or three times a day.
Aromatherapy Beauty Blend 1
- 1 teaspoon tamanu oil
- 1 teaspoon musk rose oil (Rosa Mosqueta)
- 5 drops helichrysum essential oil
- 5 drops cypress essential oil
Aromatherapy Beauty Blend 2
- 3 drops Roman chamomile essential oil
- 6 drops German chamomile essential oil
- 2 drops yarrow essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary verbenone essential oil
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 2 teaspoons wheat germ oil
Sources: The Essential Guide to Natural Skin Care and Healing With Aromatherapy
More Couperose Aromatherapy Recipes
Make sure anything you use on couperose skin is gentle.
Toner With Essential Oils For Couperose
- 1/4 cup rosewater
- 1/4 cup aloe vera juice
- 1/4 teaspoom glycerin
- 1 drop rose essential oil
- 1 drop neroli essential oil
- Blend the ingredients in a glass bottle. Either use a spray bottle or use cotton swabs to apply the toner to your face.
- Shake well before using.
Source: Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art
The book also offers the following tips for couperose skin:
- Never use a cold water splash.
- Generally, avoid steaming your face, except for very short periods using only moderate heat.
- Exfoliate gently, and avoid facial scrubs, which can lead to more broken capillaries.
- Use gentle facial masks made from fruit, yogurt, or honey. If you use clay masks, make sure they contain soothing ingredients such as hydrosols or oils. Blue clay is the best choice.
Couperose Facial Mask
- 1/4 cup plain whole yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 3 drops essential oil of your choice
- Stir together the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture to your clean face.
- Leave the mask on for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off using warm water. Pat dry.
Source: EcoBeauty: Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs
Buy essential oils for couperose.
Aromatherapy Skin Care Recipes