4 Homemade Foot Scrub Recipes
Treating your feet with a homemade foot scrub containing essential oils can soften your skin, exfoliate dead skin cells, and leave you feeling refreshed and renewed.
For a simple foot scrub recipe, mix one tablespoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of sea salt, and a drop of your favorite essential oil. Use the mixture to scrub your lower leg and the bottom of your feet.
Another option is to blend 10 to 15 drops of your chosen essential oil(s) with 4 tablespoons of brown sugar and use the mixture as a foot scrub.
Soften Rough Feet
Caution: Don't use this aromatherapy recipe on damaged or sensitive skin.
- 3 tablespoons finely ground spent coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice, whole-wheat, or white flour
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Place coffee grounds and cornmeal in a small bowl.
- Stir in olive oil.
- Add flour and whipping cream. Stir well to make a thin paste.
- Stir in essential oils.
- Hold one foot over sink or tub, and use about half of the mixture to gently scrub entire foot and ankle area. Rinse. Pat dry.
- Repeat on other foot.
- Moisturize feet.
Source: Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art
Oat Foot Scrub Recipe
Choose essential oils for this recipe that support the results you want for your body:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 8 to 12 drops essential oil(s) of your choice
- Stir all the ingredients together until you have a thick, grainy mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a clean container with a tight-fitting lid and store in a cool, dark, dry place. (It'll keep for about 4 weeks.)
To use, massage about a tablespoon of mixture into each foot. Leave the scrub on for 5 to 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
Source: EcoBeauty: Scrubs, Rubs, Masks, and Bath Bombs
Peppermint Homemade Foot Scrub
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon fine mineral sea salts
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine ingredients, adding a little warm water until you have a thick paste.
- Apply to your feet and massage vigorously.
- Rinse your feet well with warm water.
Source: Apothecary Shoppe
Warming Foot Scrub
Great for cold feet! Soak your feet in a small tub of warm water, and then use the scrub.
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-infused jojoba oil
- 10 drops black pepper essential oil
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
Blend all the ingredients in a 4-ounce (120 ml) glass jar. Makes three foot scrub sessions.
You can buy vanilla-infused jojoba ready made, or you can make your own. Fill a one-quart jug with jojoba oil, and drop two or three fresh, whole vanilla bean pods into it. Let the jug sit for about two weeks before using the oil.
Also see: Body scrub recipes or homemade foot soaks.
Buy essential oils for your homemade foot scrub.
Photo Credit: 644-01435851 via Photopin CC
Essential Oil Recipes